Americans get in nearly six million car accidents a year.
However, research shows that 80% of automotive accidents could be prevented if drivers had just one more second to react.
How can you give yourself one more second?
Here are four tips:
1. Allow more room between you and the vehicle in front of you.
2. Look further down the road in order to see potential trouble earlier.
3. Waiting an extra moment before proceeding through a stop light or a stop sign.
4. Anticipate the actions of other drivers.
Here are a few other tips to avoid car accidents, courtesy of Fox Business:
• Don’t drive impaired or distracted.
• Stay off the road between midnight and 3 a.m.
• Obey the speed limit.
• Plan your route around congested areas. The traffic feed on our home page can help.